[IP] RE: High BG and Complications

I, too, thought I felt better when I wasn't watching
so closely.  HOWEVER, I can answer unequivocably that
all the hard work, tears, and frustration over the
seeming lack of being able to manage this thing has
been worth it.  I just got the results of my latest
lab work  a1c was 5.9 (up slightly, but I haven't had
as many hypos in the last couple of months, and have
actually had a run of highs because of a cortisone
shot), but the best news was evidence of THE REVERSAL

I've worked hard over the last two years, getting
better control over my bgs, getting my a1c down to its
current level, and faithfully taking my ACE inhibitor
and angiotensin II blocker, and watching what I
consume (both food and meds) to reduce the impact to
my kidneys.  IT'S ALL BEEN WORTH IT.

While I do believe that genetics plays a critical part
in the rapidity with which we develop complications
(and I think I've got pretty good ones), the effort
that we put in to getting and maintaining good control
plays a significant role as well.  JMHO.
Kathy Fagan
Dx 10/68, Pumping 12/17/82