Re: [IP] Re: too many lows in hot weather??

  But can someone explain why heat would make your body absorb
>insulin faster?  I am curious and i think I better tell him he's right (if
>he is!)  Thanks.

Your body will require less insulin if you spend any amount of time outdoors
in this hot, sticky weather.  I work outdoors a few days a week.  I always
set a temporary basel for about .2  or .3 units less per hour than I
normally need for the majority of the work day.  I got smacked with lows way
too many times before coming to this conclusion. You also may have to
account for all of the cold water one drinks when working outdoors.  I
believe cold water will also assist your body in lowering BG's.  I believe
it has Something to do with you body burning calories when your drink the
cold water.  This is how my body reacts to the heat and I have similar
results when working outdoors in the extreme cold.
It actually becomes a problem and I really become frustrated.  But life goes
on and I make the best out of a bad situation.