Re: [IP] Re: negative attitude

At 09:31 AM 8/18/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>I have always really enjoyed the IP and have learned alot from all the

Which you still can.  Just delete those messages you don't want to
read.  It really is that easy.  And there are some of us, many of us who
enjoy SSP's post.  I always learn something new.  So why should those of
who have gained knowledge from her and even on this thread have to suffer
because some people interrupt what is being "typed" as gripe session.  I
take what I can and leave the rest behind.  I use the delete key freely and
without guilt.  In my opinion what you and others have said is not fair for
the entire list.  Sometimes there is a thread about children.  I just
delete because I have no interest in this area and don't have a lot to add
since I don't have any human kids.  So why don't I raise a stick and demand
that people stop this that or the other?  Well cause that's the whole point
of this list to be able to learn, vent, share, help, and support

So I SAY it again USE THE DELETE key!

>I really think it is a shame with what has been happening with the
>confrontational letters back and forth in this listing today.. As a first
>grade teacher I recommend that if you don't have anything nice to say don't
>say anything at all. Instead of putting Sara down for her negative feelings
>and obvious frustration with her life as a diabetic, maybe we all need to
>support her and try to help her out.

I do agree that some mean things were said against Sara and has her friend
it bothers me.  For to me Sara is a huge help to all of us on this
list.  She speaks the truth and I respect that.  I found it offensive that
you stated "obvious frustration with diabetes".  But see I may have found
this offensive and you may not have meant it that way.  I think another
important thing we need to remember is with email we don't necessarily
write what we really mean to say.  I hope that makes sense.  I know that I
am not the worlds best writer and something I have written has been totally
taken a different way then I intended.