Re: [IP] Re: Highs in hot weather

Cindy <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Can high BGs result from hot weather and dehydration?

I can't think of any mechanism that would do that directly.  However,
dehydration usually leads, depending on severity, to disorientation,
confusion, etc.  The stress from that most certainly *could* cause those
effects.  When one is stressed, the body's response is to prepare for
action, which could easily include signals to the liver to dump glucose.

Or it could be an underestimate of the amount of carbs in the meal.  When we
don't prepare it ourselves, it's always a bit of a crap shoot.

Jim Handsfield