[IP] Re: Highs in hot weather

Can high BGs result from hot weather and dehydration? I'm trying to come up
with a logical explanation for a my daughter high BG this morning.  She
started "band camp" which is outside in a very hot environment and from what
I could see, not enough water breaks.  Her breakfast BG was 132, bolused
appropriately, no food between breakfast and lunch and lunch BG was 375!
(Yesterday's lunch BG was in the normal range so I'm reasonably comfortable
that her basal rate is OK for that time of day.) So, my question is what
might the cause be and what might I do about it in the future -- we have the
rest of the week to contend with this.  Thanks.

Cindy (mom to Alex, age 14, dx 9/92, pumping 5/99)