Re: [IP] high bg's and complications

In a message dated 8/19/02 3:54:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I don't know about anybody else, but I'm gonna go with the "bad genes"
> theory on this one.  Granted, I don't have the best genetic background,
> but....  I've had D for just about 25 years now, never had an A1C under 10
> (since pumping, asn't been under 15), average bg according to my meter is
> usually in the high 200's and into the 300's.  Now, most people would
> assume
> that I have every complication going, but I don't.
> If you go by me, there is no correlation between bg and complication.
> Weird Jenn

I didn't want to say it out loud (or type it) but it's the same way for me.
Though I have had some OK A1Cs, I never have been able to achieve really good
control.  I've also had 3 healthy babies worrying myself half to death each
time that something was going to be wrong with them.  Sometimes I feel guilty
because I DON'T have complications.  Well not that I don't have any, but that
others who have much better control DO have them.  Dang.....I never should
have said that......I'll probably start falling apart tomorrow.