[IP] August Pumpers Meeting--San Jose, California

The August meeting of the South Bay pumpers is scheduled for Tuesday,
August 20.  The meeting will be chaired by Sue Ann Kelly (RN, CDE).  We
will have a guest joining us this month from Cygnus, the manufacturer of
the Glucowatch.  Twiggy Brown is their Northern California representative
and she will have a short presentation on the Glucowatch and will be
prepared to answer questions about the device and how Cygnus is working
on the problems identified with the first model.  In addition, there will
be time for discussing other topics and issues of interest. The pumpers
meeting is open to anyone that is pumping or is interested in pumping.
Significant others are welcome to attend.  We are a diverse, friendly
group and we always have a good time sharing stories and ideas about
diabetes and pumping.  I always learn something at the meetings, you
likely would, too.  Meeting details are as follows: When: 7 PM to 8:30
PM, Tuesday, August 20 (third Tuesday of every month)Where: Diabetes
Society of Santa Clara Valley            1165 Lincoln Avenue, Suite 300            San
Jose, CA 95125            408 287-3785             The office is located
in the Willow Glen area just south of downtown San Jose in the renovated
Garden Theater Building.             There is free parking at the rear of
the building.  Enter from the front or rear and take the elevator to the
third floor.            Turn left out of the elevator and the Diabetes
Society is just ahead on the left. Note that you do not need to be a
Society member to attend.  Anyone interested in pumping is welcome.If you
have any questions or need better directions, please contact me. See you
Tuesday night! Bob Goodman