[IP] Dx & Depression.

On 8/18/02 11:26 PM, "insulin-pumpers-digest" <email @ redacted>

> Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 20:00:54 -0400
> From: gcapone1 <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] Feeling Sorry For Yourself
> I was just diagnosed November of 2000 ...I am 26 now then i just turned
> 25 ...finding out i was a diabetic was the hardest thing i have ever had
> to face...Plus the fact that i had a horrible doctor with no feelings
> that told me i should be able to deal with being a diabetic after only
> being diagnosed for two months

I was Dx'ed at 28 so I do know how you felt. I was also legally blind from
birth and I felt I didn't "deserve" this too. Depending on the individual,
'grieving' can take a few weeks, to many years. Glad you got out of the
initial funk and got going again.

I had an endo who was a genius and at 32 ran the entire endocrinology part
og the Royal Victoria hospital at that time. Academically he knew his stuff,
bedside manner bit the big one. I went from there to nicer docs and that did

I still think SHOPPING Should be allowed on health insurance as a stress
reliever <VBG>.

Pocket PC's Use Windows 'CE', Home users are using 'ME' and business users
use 'NT'. So if you are using Windows, you can get into CE ME NT which can
become very heavy. <VBG>

Jenny Sutherland