Re: [IP] closed loop system!

Not entirely so, George.  The total amount of insulin would be the
same no matter where it was put.  It's the delay that could kill you
when just under the skin.  And the insulin absorbed in the peritoneum
would not go directly to the liver.  The vessels the line the
peritoneum drain into the large veins, not the portal vein, so it
would be just like an IV (albeit slower) delivery.  The other factor
related to your desire for fail safe protection, that has not been
discussed here, is the need for real time, very accurate, and
continuous sensing of BG.  That is still a long ways from being
available.  The glucowatch is not nearly good enough.   Yikes, with
my very first glucomter, my doc said that nonivasive continuous BG
measurements were just around the corner.  Big long corner, there ;-)

<<<<<<<My understanding is that it Would be more "accurate".  You
would have no loss or delays of absorption.  It would be assimilated
by the liver almost instantly. That, combined with ~Reliable~
monitoring (I think I would want fail-safe double or triple sensors)
could provide real time control.  No more rollercoaster, no rebounds.
Disetronic has done their Diaport for several years.  That still has
the problems of infections, but it may offer some the control that
they need in their rollercoaster lives even with a pump.  No problems
of bent cannulas, nicked veins and bleeders, no hypotrophy or
atrophy, no pooling, no rapid dumping of stored insulin.  Just the
increased risks of a
deadly serious infection.
I'll stick with SubQ for now.    :>)