RE: [IP] Re: feeling sorry for one's self...

Melanie,

Couple questions and a comment or two.

Is Kyle on a pump? What kind of HbA1c does he have, testing only 1-3 times a
day?

No need to listen to "made up" numbers, just look at the meter history. I'm
not hot on the idea of 'medicating' because a nurse diagnosed it with a 15
minute visit. With that said, I recommend doing WHATEVER it takes to get
Kyle to be more compliant. My fear is that someday my daughter will come and
ask Pat or me, "Why didn't you do more or try harder?" or "Why didn't you
MAKE me do it" I want my kids memories to be that we did everything possible
to make their life better and prepare them to be responsible adults. I don't
know Kyle's age at Dx, and that may have a lot to do with this. Lindsey was
Dx'd at 8 and is now 12, and from day one, testing was not an option. I
don't want to get into a husband bashing thread, but it seems the most
compliant kids are ones that have both the mom and dad on the same page. At
the very least dad know what the hymnal looks like. It's incredible the
amount of stress and resentment I see with parents trying to do this without
the spouse (usually dad) helping.

Mike Swaithes
Husband to Pat
Dad to Alicia (9) & Lindsey (Z) 12, dx 5/98