Re: [IP] Feeling Sorry For Yourself

I was just diagnosed November of 2000 ...I am 26 now then i just turned
25 ...finding out i was a diabetic was the hardest thing i have ever had
to face...Plus the fact that i had a horrible doctor with no feelings
that told me i should be able to deal with being a diabetic after only
being diagnosed for two months...I did not go out for almost 9 months
after diagnosis ...the only place i went was to work and home...i didnt
hangout with friends or my boyfriend ...i just ate dinner and went into
my room for hours crying and did not come out till i had to take my 10pm
shot...I was in a major depression...i thought about just not taking
insulin actually sometimes i didnt take it ...i would just tell my
family that i would rather die then have to deal with having to deal
with being a diabetic...i told them that i was nothing but a human pin
cushion and that it wasnt worth it....and when my doctor told me i
needed to see a shrink that actually made me even worse because on top
of being sick i thought i was a freak too...i thought there was
something wrong with me because i wasnt able to deal with it right away
like he told me i should have....i was in a downward cycle and wasnt
coming out of it....noone could tell me anything about it...i guess i
had to just face it on my own and come to terms with it...I have only
had it a little under 2 years ...so im sure that i dont know alot
still...but i turned my life around one day and said it wasnt worth me
being miserable over....that i can have worse things than this....and
just like that one day it snapped in my head...and i was feeling better
and better about it everyday...Sure some days i feel depressed about it,
but i just pick myself up and do something else like take my mom to the
store or get a pedicure or something or even go shopping ahhaha that is
the best picker upper ....i dont ever want to go back to where i was a
year ago, i feel now that i wasted 9 months of my life not doing
anything but being depressed....its not my personality!!! I have
actually helped people online that i have met from message boards that i
have helped out just from email and instant messanger so if anyone is
ever feeling down you can message me at ginacaps that is my AIM< name