Re: [IP] closed loop system!

RoseLea <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Thanks for clarifying that, Jim.  So, would delivery into the peritoneum
> better and more accurate than the subcutaneous delivery we currently
> use?  I'm not sure I understand how the body would absorb the insulin from
> that type of delivery system.

So far, delivery into the peritoneum is the fastest and most predictable of
all (well . . . I don't know if it's faster than IV, but that carries a
whole slew of other issues), probably because it comes the closest to how a
healthy body works.

Insulin is one of the smallest protein molecules known.  It readily passes
into the capillaries in the peritoneal epithelium (the outer layer of
tissue) - much faster than it migrates through fat to the capillaries in the

Jim Handsfield