[IP] Denial of replacement pump

I think you probably hit the nail on the head.  If Medicare has decided that
pumps should last for 5 years then that is probably the "yardstick" for
insurance companies.

We have exchanged our 507C several times because after a while the buttons get
hypersensitive and it is very difficult to change basals, etc.  We have only
had one pump malfunction in the actual manner it delivered insulin.  Lauren's
MM pump now is livable, and we listed its problems, when we applied for the
Paradigm.  I have a call into the insurance, co but I figured there was a
standard that they were going by.

Never thought of borrowing a pump from our endo - I wonder if MM would loan us
one if Lauren's really died.

Diane Massey, mom of Lauren,16, who is my hero