Re: [IP] bubbles in tubing

On Sun, 18 Aug 2002 12:57:38 EDT, Sherry, mom to Liz,  age 13 yrs., wrote:
>My daughter has 2 bubbles in the midpoint of the tubing (quikset).  They are
>about 1/4 inch apart.  Is there anyway to compensate for them, get them out--
>whatever--to  avoid a set change--just did that this morning and trying to
>avoid it so soon.  <snip> Please answer quickly-before those bubbles get to
>the site! Thanks!

If the Quikset has a quick release, let the first bubble get within an inch
or so of the QR, then disconnect the QR, use a ruler to measure the length
from QR to the tail end of the last bubble, bolus (with QR disconnected) at
the rate of 1.0 unit per 1/2 inch of measurement, then reconnect the QR.

Tom Beatson
dx 1942, 506 1995, 508 2000