Re: [IP] Denial of replacement pump

Diane Massey wrote:
"Since the pump is now out of warranty and getting feeble, we applied for a
replacement pump, from a MM507C to a Paradigm.  I was afraid that if we
til the 507C died, then Lauren would be without a pump (a crisis) while we
were going through the insurance process.
The Insurance Company denied our request."

When you write "getting feeble," what do you mean?  If you are having problems
with pump not working correctly, then such needs to be made clear to ins co.
Even then, they may still want to investigate repair vs. replace.   Also,
should a problem occur, what about a loaner from the endo?  BTW, from what we
understand, Medicare figures the life of a pump to be at least 5 years....
Marj; Mike (I'm not into computers, but glad to be on this list); and "Ace,
the PP" (portable pancreas)