Re: [IP] Feeling sorry for yourself

In a message dated 8/18/02 10:00:17 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> The next time anyone starts feeling sorry for themselves for having the "Big
> D", just stop and think a minute.  What other disease could you have where
> with a little education, and a fantastic little device (the Pump) you can
> actually control the disease rather than the other way around?  If you take
> the time to learn about insulin/carb ratios, how a particular exercise
> effects
> you and your glucose levels, etc, you can actually minimize the adverse
> effects of Diabetes within your body.  I don't think the same thing is true
> of
> cancer, AIDS and hundreds of other diseases.  Just a thought.
> Roger Wendell
> Team

Your words are well noted...however, not everyone can obtain optimum control
no matter how hard they work at it.....and the work takes time......I don't
think it helps the person who is down to be told theirs is a little problem
compared to others...they need support....this is a nasty, degenerative
disease whether one wants to acknowledge it or not and for some the
complications come (including depression) no matter what they
do.......getting off my soap box...i just tire of being told if I did a
better job (which ask anybody I take excellent care of my child) then Mary
numbers would come in line, she would have no neuropathy or depression and
there would be no issues with the school or anywhere else because her numbers
would be perfect....I refuse to wear any more guilt that I already
do.....sorry, I know you meant well......crawling back in my hole
now......covering up....no, I'm off to church...
now ten!