Re: [IP] carb-eschewing non-Ds

In a message dated 8/18/02 7:37:18 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Is anyone else getting a kick out of all the diet-riddled non-diabetics out
> there making the mass exodus from carb-land? I feel vindicated somehow, for
> all
> of those times I tried to explain (after being asked if I "should be eating
> sugar") the logic behind carb-counting and low-calorie diets and watched
> people's eyes glaze over.
> Us carb-counters are old-school hipsters. Gotta be one step ahead of the
> masses!
> Catherine

I am non D as all know but I think my *take* on eating comes from eating as
my D brother from age 5....well managed, balanced meals....there was little
change in our diet when my daughter was diagnosed.....I even went to D camp
for four years and that knowledge gained there has served me well especially
diet wise......You are what you eat and sometimes I am a Snickers (and so is
my daughter)...LOL...but mostly we are proteins, fats and carbs....oh gees, I
am outa here....sleep deprived...
now ten!