[IP] IEP Update

Well we had our Re-Entry IEP meeting with the school on Friday AM.
We went in with a list of things we wanted changed.

Met all Zachary's new 7th grade teachers, new Resource teacher, etc.
They all seem to be willing to cooperate with what's already in the IEP
and with our new changes.

HOWEVER,  the two nurses "blew a gasket" when they found out we
wanted to do all blood sugar testing in his classrooms.    They refused
saying it was against District Policy,  it was unhealthy,  unsafe for him,
and against OSHA rules.

Keep in mind that this is a really big District.    It has 4 High Schools,
7 middle schools,  and 28  grade schools.

We got a tip from JDF that their was a parent at the other end of the
who has a pumping child.    I spoke to her  the night before the meeting.
It was nice to be able to inform the nurse that she was wrong and that it
WAS being done in the Disctrict.

UNFORTUNATELY,   nothing got settled.     They (nursing staff)  refused
to accept the new Health Care Plan (we used the 1/2002 ADA one).    They
wanted to contact our ENDO by phone,  as well as the District offices.

We told them they were violating his education rights,  but they don't care.
She told me he'd be testing in her office on Monday as well as telling me
I would be coming in to do his lunchtime bolus since the Dr. orders are from
last year and out of date!!!

Contacted DREDF and they said St Louis is out of their area.

Freaking out!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer (20), Allison (17), Rachel (6)
Fenton, MO