Re: [IP] Denial of replacement pump

On 17 Aug 2002 at 20:20, Diane Massey wrote:

> Lauren has been pumping for four years + - very successfully, I might add.
> Since the pump is now out of warranty and getting feeble, we applied for a
> replacement pump, from a MM507C to a Paradigm.  I was afraid that if we waited
> til the 507C died, then Lauren would be without a pump (a crisis) while we were
> going through the insurance process.
> The Insurance Company denied our request.  What is the insurance Company
> doing?  We had no problems the first time.  Are they waiting for the 507c to
> malfunction?  Is there a trick to getting approval?

Was that the batteries that ran out or has my pump just quit working?  None of the the batteries I've placed in there make it work and the  insurance company doesn't know
how to diagnose the problem.  Maybe the pump company will discover how to make it work when you turn it in for rebate.

George      :>)