[IP] Re: Islet Cells

In a message dated 8/17/02 email @ redacted writes:

<<  As I understand it, a type one that has been diabetic for many years
stops making the antibodies after a while and so is eligible for vaccine
therapy IF there were a way to restore islet function. The big question for
me is whether this can be accomplished without immune suppression drugs >>

Considering that I tested positive for the GAD antibodies some 45+ years
after diagnosis, this has been bothering me, too.  (It seems to me that's
getting to be a rather long "while" <gr.>).

Linda Z