[IP] depressed

ok baseem if you INSIST on keeping this public flogging of my opinions UP,
then I have no problem writing back in public - i cannot believe the admins
are allowing you to call people pathetic and ignorant!!!!!!  I have one of
them here right now, sleeping on my couch - maybe I should go wake Fran

> i just think pessimism is contagious

You are perfectly welcome to go on living in your little world with your eyes
towards the future, all happy and content - that is a great way to live and
more power to you.  However, when you have had diabetes for LONGER THAN A
YEAR, and had your hopes squished MORE than a couple of times, then maybe you
will understand my PERSPECTIVE.

> he last thing i need is that kind of attitude

oh please, like MY "attitude" should have any affect on you!!!!!  get OVER
it! I am not telling you you can't have your opinions for christ's sake!!!
why don't you go back and re-read some of the things I write - NOTHING is
directed at YOU personally..

> just wondering sara, do you enjoy life? or are you depressed

I am NOT unhappy or morose and, despite being deeply affected by the events
of september 11th which occured literally right outside my front door, I am
not even very depressed, though as most (yes, MOST) diabetics, probably have
the tendancies towards it.  Perhaps I have LESS concern about 5 or 8 years
down the road, knowing that it COULD all end in a few seconds - But I think,
if anything, that it has been a motivating, positive thing for me!!
Pessimism is NOT a symptom of depression. It is a RESULT of life and reality.
 Ask any of the people on this list who have met me, and they will tell you.

I have been pumping for almost 10 years, have had diabetes for 29 years - and
happen to KNOW what i am talking about through experience, trial and error
and EDUCATION, and not just through what my doctor or my doctor parents or
some article in a newspaper or some paid official of a company who wants to
make sure his stock price doesn't crash tells me.

now buzz off and leave me alone!  I am NOT fighting you - I am fighting your
inability to accept MY point of view.