Re: [IP] Overeating?

At 10:35 AM 8/17/2002 RoseLea wrote:
 >Thank you Fran.  I also gained a few pounds (3 to be exact) by going on an
 >estrogen patch for my menopausal symptoms.  Now, before anyone quotes the
 >recent study that was discontinued, I am not on an estrogen/progestin (sp)
 >combination.  Estrogen only, and that study is still being
 > So, before we criticize those who can't seem to be as "thin" as
 >we are or think they should be, let's have some compassion for they may be
 >dealing with a lot more issues that just overeating.  Btw, I figured out my
 >calorie intake for yesterday and it was 1004 so, which half should I cut out?

I'm not a medical professional, but I do believe there are a lot of factors
involved with weight, including genetics. Two people who eat the same
things and exercise the same amount can gain or lose different amounts.
This is a classical example of Your Mileage May Vary (YMMV).  So, let's not
judge others or make assumptions, until we've walked in their shoes for

(who's been battling weight gain forever)