[IP] Re: hairline cracks in H-Tron Plus

In a message dated 8/17/2002 12:30:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Max, my H-Tron+, got a couple hairline cracks in his case.  I called
> Disetronic, they told me to send him in to be checked out.  They have
> replaced him with a brand new H-Tron+ pump.  I had my choice of colors for
> the replacement too.

We, too, had a hairline crack in Paul's pump near one of the buttons. We were
at a water park and Paul's pump went kablooey. It started bolusing insulin on
its own and then shut down completely. We ended up feeding lows for HOURS but
managed to get through it without any major problems. When I returned the
pump, they told me the cause was this hairline crack that allowed water to
seep into the pump. (We didn't go on any water rides in which the pump was
submerged, just an area where people could shoot water at you. I will NEVER
do that again.) We were NOT given a color option, but were given a brand new
blue pump as a replacement.

Janice, proud mom of Paul, DX 20 months, pumping since July 2000 at age 6