[IP] Closed Loop & Play Nice

sara said:
>>>  ....I have to agree that it will be a cold day in hell when a closed
loop system
is effective enough for general, long term use....maybe never is too strong
of a word, but I ain;t getting any younger....<<<

The expression "long term use" may make all the difference in how we view
the closed loop.  I agree that a closed loop system will never work if the
insulin is delivered subcutaneous.  If, however, the insulin is delivered
into the portal vein then the improvement in control could be vastly
improved.  I would opt for that before a transplant

John Kinsley
Type 1 - 1956
MiniMed 507 - 1998