Re: [IP] novalog highs- help

> Eve(15) has recently had to change to novalog from humalog, b/c of
> our insurance, and we have been finding that she is high. This means
> over 350 to 600+ 2 hours after meals where  with humalog she is 200
> to 300 2 hours after meals.  And it takes much more novalog and much
> more time to bring her down. With humalog she will start coming down
> in 1 hour, with novalog at 3 hours she will have come down only
> about 50 points.
>
> HELP!!!!
>
> Has this happened to anyone else?

There are a couple of reports from last year of people reacting this
way to Novolog. I suspect that it is an issue with insulin-analogs
for some people. I think that some small percentage of the population
recognizes one or the other insulin-analogs as "foreign" rather the
"real" insulin because of the difference in the molecular structure.
I'd suggest you have your doc write a letter of medical necessity and
switch her back to Humalog.

Michael