Re: [IP] new pump!

Rachel, I'm in the market for a new pump as well, as mine is 4 1/2
years old and out of warrantee.  I went to the AADE meeting in
Philadelphia last week to look at all the pumps.  I was eager to see
the Deltec, but after playing with it a while,I wasn't all that
impressed.  I think the pump is good and the company quite reliable,
but the pump didn't really wow me.  No major defects, but for
example, the screen viewing angle is pretty narrow, it is slightly
thinker than the MM 508, and it takes forever to prime with a newly
filled cartridge.  Batteries are AAA but only last 4 weeks.  Like I
said nothing one couldn't live with, but it didn't seem that much
better than the MM or the Dana (which is the smallest and lightest
pump available.)  They won't be delivering the Deltecs till end of
Nov and even then only in selected markets.  The Deltec cartridge has
a luer fitting that will fit all catheters (except the Paradigm
ones).  I visited the Animas booth, which was the most crowded
because they were giving away stuffed monkeys, but thought it was too
big.  good luck with your decision.   Call Deltec and ask for a sales
rep to give you a demo.  Or ask them for their a copy of their pump's
user operation manual.

<<<<<<OK, I have a question that involves pure speculation, but here
goes... Since I
am still waiting for my insurance to get settled so that I can order a pump (I
had decided to go with Animas), I can still change my mind and order whichever
one I want. This new pump seems really cool and helpful in a lot of ways, but
would any of you be nervous about ordering a pump that is brand-new to the
market, from a company that has never made an insulin pump before, even though
they make lots of other devices??? It seems like a lot of what people
like about
their particular pumps is how easy the companies are to deal with for supplies
and stuff, and in this case I would have no way of knowing!
Any advice???  Thanks,Rachel>>>>>>>>