Re: [IP] too much insulin?

janhuey wrote: ((Actually, it's Jan Hughey))

>The reason I'm using less insulin now than I did the previous 16-18 years
>of pumping is due to the kidney disease - the excess insulin does not get
>peed out, staying in and still circulating. Now that I'm on dialysis, I'm
>watching to see if I will start needing to increase. YMMV (~_^)

RoseLea responded:
>>So far for me, all the kidney tests have come out "normal".  So that's not
the issue here for me.  I never knew that excess insulin gets peed out, if
so, then why do we have lows?  Why don't we just pee the excess out?  I
keep telling myself that perhaps I'm finally getting some muscle in my old
age and it's causing my metabolism to speed up... hehe>>

My pre-pumping daily dose was 45 units - prolly shoulda been lots diff but
that was what I received for over 25 years with no home BGs. But, after
pumping I was infusing about 33 units a day. Now my needs are around 25u and
the nephrologist and cardiologist explained to me about the kidneys not
getting rid of the wastes of the stuff that is normally peed out. That's
also like the potassium (shich regulates the heart rate and too much causes
a heart attack) and the delicious fresh veggies out now from the garden (or,
in my case, the roadside stand). Keeping it in the system can mean death or

That's why I ended my post with YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary). (~_^)

Don't ever follow someone else's system to be less of a problem; make your
own system to eliminate your problems ~ George Lovelace