Re: [IP] Re: A Carb is a Carb is a Carb

Thanks Jayne!--those were pretty much my questions too when I posted originally.
I guess I was just wondering if all other things being equal (blood sugar
control, mostly), it is healthier to use less insulin.

My other question is--and this is another totally "just wondering" kind of
thing!--how does a "regular" person's body know how much insulin to produce at
all times to keep them in normal range? I mean, how does a regular pancreas know
that you have just started to eat a mammoth banana split and it better start
cranking out the insulin? Does a healthy pancreas have something like a natural
blood sugar meter built in that is just *constantly* measuring your blood sugar
level and putting out tiny bits of insulin if blood sugar creeps up toward
120??? If so, I know that having a normal pancreas is "normal", but it still
seems pretty amazing to me!

Sorry for all these questions!! Thanks!
Rachel

> From: "Jayne Drowns" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] Re: A Carb is a Carb is a Carb
>
> This soda question (ie, why not just drink regular sodas and bolus for >
them?) reminds me of another question that I've been wondering about:  Is it
worthwhile to try to do the least amount of insulin possible?

> A related question, for me, is: how much insulin would my body be producing if
it were healthy (ie, no type I and no insulin resistance) and I were eating a
healthy diet (whatever that is)?  I suppose, that would be the number I'd shoot
for if I knew what it was.