[IP] Leg Site Direction

I am using a leg site for the very first time - and after some bad numbers last night (pulled the thing out before dinner I guess - second time - wondering if these sets are defective) they have stabilized this morning. Now my question is what direction do you do your site - I put the needle in going down - so that I am connecting with the tubing coming up towards me - rather than out to the right as I normally do on the abdomen. But I seem to be catching it a lot so that I am holding it on so that I don't rip it out - but it seems as if it may be a matter of time. So any thoughts?

Linda & Dax