Re: [IP] novalog highs- help

>Remeber, Novalog is mostly done within 2 hours. Humalog takes 3 hours. I
>would increase the amount of insulin for bolus and check every 30 mins
>during post prendial to see which one is the case.

Not totally true:

Novologs Maximum glucose-lowering effect occurs between 1 and 3 hours after
injection and last up to 5 hours

Humalogs Maximum glucose-lowering effect occurs between 1-2 to 2 1/2 hours
and lasts about 5 hours.

Novolog has the same effect as humalog but has noted to have a type
of  "tail" that humalog doesn't..  some people have described it like a
mixture of H and R  (Note this is just a description and not meant to give
anyone any ideas of mixing insulins without talking to your Dr first)

Brian Carter
ICQ # 27217438
www.DiabetesBytes.com  *New*