Re: [IP] more carb = carb

In a message dated 8/15/02 12:40:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I eat regular yogurt and ice cream and just bolus
> accordingly.  This does not create large

Yogurt is not high glycemic as it is made mostly from milk and the glycemic
index of milk is low.  Also, the protein in the milk makes the digesiton of
the yogurt much slower than the carbs in regular coke.

That is why some people use regular soda to bring up a low sugar; it works
fast to bring sugar up, while yogurt will probably raise sugar more slowly
and match the working of insulin better.  I don't believe any insulin
(Humalog or Novalog) can work efficiently against regular soda or other very
glycemic items.