[IP] Rapid-D problems

In a message dated 8/15/2002 4:58:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 20:39:18 -0700 (PDT)
> From: nita <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] Rapid-D problems
> I was just wondering if anyone else that is using the
> new Rapid Disconnects is having any problems?  Jesica
> has been using them since June, and we have had more
> lines break at the luer lock and more occlusions than
> we ever had with the regular Rapids.  So much so that
> we are now out of tubing but have plenty of sets left!
> I called Disetronic and talked to them and they are
> sending me 6 tubes.  He also said they have been
> getting reports of both, but more occlusion problems
> than anything.  If you are having troubles, maybe you
> should call and add your concerns, as they are going
> to be investigating the problems now.
> Just a curious question.
> Nita
> =====
> Nita in Texas
> Mom of Jessica, 10, dx'd @ 8 months, pumping 3 years, Jarred, 11, Cody, 10,
> and married to George, the best hubby!
Hi Nita!

YES,  we are having problems also.  We can only use the tubing for two site
changes (8 days, we change every 4 days) or we have major problems.  Only
twice did the pump read occlusion the other times her sugar was just HI and
we couldn't get it down easily so we changed the tubing and all went fine.  I
will definitely call them because we have run out of tubing also.  We asked
the pharmacy for extra tubing and they said we can only get them the way they
are packaged.  SO, we just keep getting more boxes.  I received the
Disetronic newsletter "Pump world" and on the back page it has the new
rapids.  It says 15 needles & 5 tubings.  That would mean we would have to
use the tubing for three site changes....no can do!  Get this......it also
says that the needles must be changed every 1-2 days and the tubing can be
used for up to six days.  Does anyone know why they are saying that?  What's
the difference with the rapid and the rapid disconnect?  We have always
changed the site every 3-4 days.  We have no plans on changing her site every
1-2 days.

Hang in there, your not alone  :)

Mom to Amanda   dx 4/97 at age 3     pumpin'  7/99