Re: [IP] Re: A Carb is a Carb is a Carb

This soda question (ie, why not just drink regular sodas and bolus for
them?) reminds me of another question that I've been wondering about:  Is it
worthwhile to try to do the least amount of insulin possible?  Obviously,
whatever danger injected insulin poses, it is not as dangerous as high blood
sugars, so I'm not suggesting skimping on insulin.  But, when I think about
whether to have a real coke rather than diet, I think, that's four units of
insulin that could be easily avoided.  As a one time thing, that'd be no big
deal, but if I had, say, two cokes a day, that'd add up to a lot of extra

A related question, for me, is: how much insulin would my body be producing
if it were healthy (ie, no type I and no insulin resistance) and I were
eating a healthy diet (whatever that is)?  I suppose, that would be the
number I'd shoot for if I knew what it was.