Re: [IP] more carb = carb

>Linda wrote: > SSPAZ also said, yes, you can bolus for extra carbs, is
>easy! > It is also easy to elevate triglycerides, gain weight from them >

>  Well yes of course, weight gain is not desireable for most people, but
> that wasn't the original question or the issue. The question dealt
> "specifically" with bolusing for the carbs in a regular soda or a regular
> yogurt, as opposed to those with nutrasweet/ artificial sweetners. As for
> raising triglycerides, I have no idea....was not aware that pure
> carbohydrate could increase your lipids, but thank you for the info - NOT
> that it pertains to me, as I do not drink regular soda or eat regular
> yogurt :-) Sara

I think we're getting into some YMMV things here.  While I usually drink
diet soda (I'm with Sara, if I'm gonna consume carbs I want to make them
"yummy for me" carbs), I eat regular yogurt and ice cream and just bolus
accordingly.  This does not create large spikes for me and my triglycerides
are not elevated.  So, I think we need to add a YMMV here.