[IP] Re: Pregnancy and NutraSweet

In a message dated 8/15/02 10:45:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> So my other question is to those who are pregnant or have been pregnant: when
> you are pregnant, do you just use regular caffeine-free soft drinks and
> bolus
> for them to avoid the NutraSweet? Is NutraSweet harmful to the fetus?
 I've been thru 3 very healthy pregnancies which resulted in 3 perfect
babies.  Never once did I worry about NutraSweet.....and I drink at least a 2
liter diet coke or diet pepsi EVERY day......have done so for years.  I was a
little concerned about caffeine tho (go figure) so I did wean myself down
with the caffeine free versions of both sodas.  So in answer to your
question, I'm not sure what the consensus is on NutraSweet and pregnancy but
it didn't harm mine at all.