Re: [IP] Re: Carrie's Pump Vacation

At 04:54 AM 8/15/02, you wrote:
>But by the time I was 23, I was a lot healthier, somewaht FAT, but by ab
>sites needed a long term break- And guess waht? My control improved going to
>injections as I had fresh sites in my legs, arms and butt and I didn't touch
>my abs for years.  Now my abs are healed and I'm back on the pump- Coming
>full cycle over a 20 year period, I wish I had taken more pump vacations when
>I had the chance.

But, abs are not the only place to put infusion sets.  I use my lower abs,
upper abs, thighs, derriere, and back love handle.  My abs get much needed
breaks by using other site locations.

>I know, I know, you can leave your pump site for two weeks
>and not have a rash..............gasp!

I leave my site in for 3-4 days.  No rashes, no swelling. YMMV.

who still thinks the pump is a vacation from my uncontrollable roller
coaster ride of MDI