[IP] Diabetics and Kidney Failure

The Creatanine Clearance test is considered to be one of the "Gold
Standards."  My renal failure showed up on a routine blood test that
measured Creatanine and BUN.  I have since had the 24 hour urine exam (This
has got to be an exam.  A urine test has you fill a small cup.  This one
allowed me to show my stuff.  I filled two 3 liter jugs in 21 hours and then
ran out of jugs!)

The swelling you are having can be any number of  things besides kidney
failure.  It probably wouldn't hurt to have it checked though.