[IP] Musicians with DM/Injuries

I used to play drums professionally. I still play drums,  sometimes
flute but mostly piano. I had carpal tunnel surgery after leaving
music as a career. No way could I take the time off to heal and make a
living so I just lived with the pain and dropped a lot of sticks! I
certainly don't think D helped the situation any but the surgery
corrected all that. I'm still very careful about my wrists and play
piano everyday. I have to admit, at some point I wouldn't have been able
to continue playing without the surgery so I would do it before you have
permanent damage to your hands. (That is, if carpal tunnel is what's
causing your pain!) Of course, do one hand at a time and allow plenty of
time to heal. Playing bass takes enormous hand strength
so don't rush the healing. Just my two cents.......good luck