From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of
email @ redacted
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 12:38 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Seeking advice

I'm still in the planning stages of getting on the pump and have really
loved
the information this group supplies.  I am trying to decide which pump, it
looks like my insurance will cover 80% of whichever I choose.  Since I am
starting to get some complications, I plan to go for the tightest control
that I can.   Which pump gives the best advantage to tight control?   Has
anyone had bad experiences with a certain brand or company?  What are the
favorite brands?   Since weight gain has made me insulin resistant too, I
don't think the MiniMed Paradigm will hold enough insulin in the reservoir
unless I can refill between replacing the site/infusion set, is this
possible?

Thanks!

Rhonda, age 42, diagnosed at age 3 in 1963.
Living in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley in Virginia.