[IP] English Muffins, was: Re:

On Wednesday, August 14, 2002, at 11:15  AM, Paula Willis wrote:

> The past three morning, I have had an toasted english muffin and
> eggbeaters (2 eggs worth). The last two, my BG has been around 100 pre
> eating. I bolus for the normal 27 carb total....I just now checked my
> BG and it was 260.....three hours later. Anyone have ANY clue what the
> heck is up with this?? Am I just freaky when it comes to english
> muffins?????
Hi.  Just a few things to think about:
Have you changed English Muffin Brands?  Not all are created equally.

Is this a breakfast you have info on 'pre-pump"?  The protein in the
beaters may be slowing absorption.

Did you forget to account for the slathering of Orange Marmalade?  ;-)

Sounds like you've discovered a pattern.  If my basals were good, I'd
just increase the breakfast bolus ratio and keep testing.

Good luck,
Frank W. Tegethoff, Jr.
IDDM since '85, MM507 since '98