[IP] Re: English Muffine

On 8/14/02 11:11 AM, "insulin-pumpers-digest" <email @ redacted>

> Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 08:15:10 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Paula Willis <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [none]
> The past three morning, I have had an toasted english muffin and eggbeaters (2
> eggs worth). The last two, my BG has been around 100 pre eating. I bolus for
> the normal 27 carb total....I just now checked my BG and it was 260.....three
> hours later. Anyone have ANY clue what the heck is up with this?? Am I just
> freaky when it comes to english muffins?????

OK, was this also the case on the other two mornings? Maybe you're one of
those who are affected later by some CHOs. If this is a 'One off', don't
change a thing. It might have been stress, you might be fighting a small
cold, you may have injected the infusion set into a scarred area and not
absorbed your insulin right. I wouldn't hop around changing anything on one
high reading. It could even have been a 'foibled strip' in your meter.

When in doubt, I check before, 1 hour after, and 2 hours after a meal.

Pocket PC's Use Windows 'CE', Home users are using 'ME' and business users
use 'NT'. So if you are using Windows, you can get into CE ME NT which can
become very heavy. <VBG>

Jenny Sutherland