[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #529

> Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 08:18:33 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Bonne Cowger-Roszel <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] Tanning Beds
>
> Hi Guys,
>          I have an Off the Wall question..... I got my
> pump hooked up on the 5th and I have been tanning in a
>  bed before the pump. My question is has any of you
> guys Tanned in a Tanning bed with your pump?????? I
> don't have enough time to Disconnect, I'm not good at
> it yet. Help, I'm fading fast.
> Bonne Cowger-Roszel
>  Pumping since 8/05/02

Bonne,
  I tan all the time. I live in North Pole, Alaska so if I don't fake 'n
bake I have no color at all! Since you only need to disconnect for
around 20 to 30 minutes that is the best thing to do. I just check my BG
after I'm done and bolus if needed. It has very rarely been needed.

Karen in North Pole, Alaska
Dx'ed 1971
Pumping since 1996