Re: Re: [IP] my kid and her sites

My son Jake went through a rough pump start (MM508) in January.  He wasn't able to use the inserter for the QS and we struggled for about a month before we finally gave up and just inserted manually.  This method has worked very well, up until yesterday.  We had horrible numbers ALL day.  I changed insulin, checked the pump and finally decided that maybe he wasn't pushing the needle in quickly enough upon insertion.  I suggested we TRY the inserter once again.  He adamantly refused, saying I didn't know what if felt like because I had never inserted one into myself.  So I told him I would insert a QS into myself if HE would.  Of course, he didn't think I would do it and when I did, he was shocked that I didn't fall down crying in pain.  When it was his turn, he wanted to numb the site, just in case, (we held a popsicle on the site for a few min).  He was a little apprehensive, but finally pushed the button and waited for the pain.  There was NONE and he surprised himself!  I!
 was soooo proud of him and we did the happy dance and high-fived for awhile afterwards.

Today is his first day at school, so I'm crossing my fingers for good numbers!   I'll know how he's doing when the school nurse calls me with his pre-lunch numbers.

Just thought I'd share.....