[IP] RE:

Paula wrote:
The past three morning, I have had an toasted english muffin and eggbeaters
(2 eggs worth). The last two, my BG has been around 100 pre eating. I bolus
for the normal 27 carb total....I just now checked my BG and it was
260.....three hours later. Anyone have ANY clue what the heck is up with
this?? Am I just freaky when it comes to english muffins?????

Hi Paula,

English muffins are one of those absolute no-no foods for me, which is too
bad because I love them. I've only been pumping for a little over a week
now, and my doc. has me on a set number of carbs for each meal. In order for
me to get to my breakfast carb allotment, I've been adding half an english
muffin. Consistently (like five days in a row), my after breakfast reading
was right around 250. I finally said forget it to my doc and cut out the
muffin. Since then, my after breakfast number has been around 150. Still not
great (due to my just-discovered dawn phenomenon), but you can see the
difference that half a muffin makes.

So I'd say yes, you are freaky when it comes to english muffins - but you're
not alone.

Take care,

Keith G.