Re: [IP] Why Can't I Feel Sorry For Myself

  Absolutely!!!  We all have a right to our opinions.  And if not being in
perfect health, or having a child who is not in perfect health is not a good
enough reason to every once in awhile say, "You know what, this sucks!!!"
then well, tell those other people to shove off!!!!  You are not feeling
sorry for yourself, you are just stating a fact.  While my sister had two
kids who were perfectly 'normal', healthy and very few problems, where going
on a trip or camping did not require an extra suitase full of special
supplies, and her kids did not have to worry about 'disconnecting' before
getting wet, BLAH< BLAH< BLAH< my one and only son does have these concerns
and will for his entire life!  T hat is not exactly something that I would
want to jump for joy over!!!  But things could be worse.  So, even though in
the early days of his dxd I did do the 'why us' thing, I know now that it is
not all bad and this disease has led to some life altering decisions for me
personally.  And it has opened up a world where I have met some really
incredible people too!  Everyone on this list, people I have met and still
meet through our local support group, diabetes camp, which is next week, and
lots more.  I don't wish this on ANYONE, believe me, but we have it, and
others will get it, so I'm doing everything I can to help those that need the

mom to Joshua
5 years August 24th with diabetes
2.5 years pumping