[IP] Meters for Macs!

On 8/13/02 1:13 PM, "insulin-pumpers-digest" <email @ redacted>

> Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 09:48:12 -0700
> From: Earl and Kay Guy <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] Mac Compatable Glucose Meters
> It is posible to get a USB to serial? adapter, which is what I think the
> Lifescan cable is. This is the part that has slowed me down. I searched a
> while back on the interet for the adapter and it does exist.
> Kay

Actually you would get the Keyspan Serial to USB adapter cable, available at
most Computer stores and CompUSA, Micro Center etc.

This is the part I don't understand. With all the great things beiong done
with Firewire and USB 2.0, why does Lifescan and others force the old
fashioned Serial connecter cables onto us?

Pocket PC's Use Windows 'CE', Home users are using 'ME' and business users
use 'NT'. So if you are using Windows, you can get into CE ME NT which can
become very heavy. <VBG>

Jenny Sutherland