[IP] % of getting diabetes if father has Type 1

I am a Type 1, my mom is also Type 1.  No history of diabetes on either side.
 My dad can eat sugar breakfast, lunch and dinner (which he literally does)
and not have his BG go over 100.  My dad will eat Shreaded Mini-Wheats and
turn the wheat side up and liberally sprinkle with sugar!!!

I was told it skips a generation, therefore, my children getting it.  NOT
TRUE!!  Not sure exactly how or why I got it, but I did and all I can do is
hope that my daughter does not get it.  But to tell the honest truth, it
helped me SO much growing up knowing that my mom was in the same boat as I