Re: [IP] why can't i feel sorry for myself

> My question is, "Why can't people ever remember the relative that lived
> years with diabetes and had no problems at all?"

oooo!!!!  my great aunt - my mom's mom's sister - developed diabetes young,
back before the injectable insulin was available (i forget exact dates, but
she must have got it back in the 1910's-1920's - i'll have to check her
dob).  somehow she was able to keep it under some control - i don't know
how - until she was able to inject insulin.  mom said she had huge patches
of skin on the arm that was all tough from the injections, back then they
were told to only inject in the arm.  she lived to the ripe old age of
90-something, and was dotty as a batty loon near the end.  :)  her husband
may have had something to do with that too though. <G>  she had two kids,
both are still healthy, with kids of their own.