Re:[IP] Chance of getting diabetes if father isT1

At 01:13 PM 8/13/02 -0700, you wrote:
 > > I'm wondering if anybody has a chart showing the probability/% of
 > > getting diabetes if the father of the child is diabetic (Type 1)?

* If your mother has Type 1 diabetes, you have a 3% risk of developing Type
1 diabetes
* If your father has Type 1 diabetes, you have a 9% risk of developing Type
1 diabetes
* If both your parents have Type 1 diabetes, you have a 30% risk of
developing Type 1 diabetes
* If your brother or sister develops Type 1 diabetes, you have a 10% risk
of also developing Type 1 diabetes
* If your non-identical twin develops Type 1 diabetes, you have a 20% risk
of also developing Type 1 diabetes
* If your identical twin develops Type 1 diabetes, you have a 35% risk of
also developing Type 1 diabetes

According to information found at
http://cebmh.warne.ox.ac.uk/diabetes/professional/prevention/type1/genetics.html

Liz