Re: [IP] Why Can't I Feel Sorry For Myself

Interesting discussion...

I get some of the "snap out of it" responses from people, but
more often, it'll come up in conversation that I have
diabetes, and someone will launch into a rant about how
terrible that is, what a bummer, that's horrible, my aunt had
diabetes and lost all her toes, my friend had an uncle that
got diabetes and died the next week.... I'm tempted to cut
them off and ask, "Are you saying these things for your
benefit or mine? Because I don't need it".

Yea, I do sometimes "feel sorry for myself" or just plain
depressed. At some point, though, I tell myself to just go do
what I'm supposed to do (work, groceries, mow the lawn)
regardless of how I feel, and I eventually go back to being
able to get to sleep at night. But "snap out of it"? Sorry, it
doesn't work that way.

                 - Bluejay Adametz, CFII, A&P, AA-5B N45210

Plush code 2.0: P[bun,bir]/>F[bun,bir] B++ BB  C++ E FF+
                I++ !M !MM N++ O+ Sp+ Sf Takm+rsz ma++
Furry code 1.3: FA6a A-- C- D H+ M- P++++ R+ T+++ W- Z S#
                RLCT a++ cvul++
                d+ e+ f++++ h+ i+ j+ p- s#